We are looking to establish an ongoing relationship with a Senior Accounting Technician to work with us on a contract basis. We are a fast-paced and progressive office based in Burnaby that provides financial and bookkeeping services. Our clients are fast-growing medium-sized businesses in a variety of industries.
Our ideal candidate is willing to learn and grow with the company and has a “can-do” and “no job is too small” attitude. You will report directly to two managers and, as you become more proficient in intermediate-level accounting, will be expected to work with clients directly, prepare compilation engagement statements and various tax returns and reports.
- Full-cycle bookkeeping
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Government returns including GST/HST and WCB
- Maintain A/R and A/P ledgers
- Capital asset amortization schedule preparation
- Prepare financial statements and quarterly accounting reports
- Review and fully understand general ledger
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in full-cycle accounting
- CGA or Pace Student
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to travel to client offices and work independently
- Fluent in written/spoken English
- Able/willing to troubleshoot issues in a file and proactively seek out information required to see tasks through to completion
- Excellent time management skills, able to consistently meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Outgoing, good communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work well with others
- Takes responsibility for assigned tasks
Competitive rates to be negotiated on a per-project basis.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.